The Library is now offering Park & Pickup of library items.
The Service is:
- Safe: All items will have been quarantined for at least 96 hours before being checked out
- Contactless: Your items are in a bag on table outside the front of the Library
- Convenient: No appointments needed.
Have questions? See the Frequently Asked Questions page!
After you are notified your items are ready, pick them up anytime during the following hours:
Monday 11 am to 7 pm
Tuesday 11 am to 4 pm
Wednesday 11 am to 4 pm
Thursday 11 am to 7 pm
Fridays 11 am to 4 pm
How it works:
First, submit a request to the Library for the materials you would like to borrow:
- Online through our catalog: https://wd.catalog.lionlibraries.org/
- Speak to a staff person by calling 203-389-3433 (Monday to Friday, 10 am to 5 pm)
- Leave a voicemail message any time (Please include your full name with spelling, phone number, and library card number along with your request)
- Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Please include your full name, phone number, and library card number along with your request)
If you don’t know your card number, please provide us with your address so that we can look you up in our database.
Second, the Library Staff will gather the items you would like to borrow. This includes books (regular and large print), CDs, DVDs, Blu-rays, audiobooks—from the adult, YA, and children’s collections.
Due to the large volume of requests, we are pulling items in batches. We are not pulling items as we receive requests; please be patient.
There is now no limit to the number of items that can be checked out, however, you are limited to placing 20 holds on items in the catalog. If you need help placing holds or need more than 20 items, please call the library and a staff member will assist you. Our delivery service between libraries is running, so you may request things from within the LION consortium and around the state.
Third, your items will be checked-out to your Library Account and you will be contacted.
We will either call or email you depending on your Library Account preferences.
Please allow 30 minutes from the time of your “ready for pickup” email or phone call from the Library (not from your initial request) for staff to put your items on the Park & Pickup table.
Finally, pick up your items at the front door of the library from the Park & Pickup table.
Items will be in a bag with a labeled with the borrower’s last name and first initial, along with checkout date.
- Each bag will include a copy of an itemized due date slip.
- Items can be picked up Monday & Thursday (11 am to 7 pm) and Tuesday/Wednesday/Friday (11 am to 4 pm).
Please respect social distancing rules while waiting to approach the table.
Items not available for Park & Pickup Service:
- If you are dropping off items when picking up your new items, please place the returns in the blue bin next to the table.
If you are returning items at any other time, please return all items in the book drop located to the left of the library’s front doors.
All returns have to be quarantined for at least 96 hours before they can be checked in. They will be on your library account until we check them in; no fines will be charged during this time. If fines should appear on your account, please contact the library and we will waive them. Lost and damaged items will still require payment for replacement. Please contact the Circulation Department to make arrangements.
- Please do not bring ANY donations for the Friends at this time. We do not have the space to quarantine them and they will be thrown out.